Albyn is THE heaven of calm in gorgeous Bruntsfield. Ran by myself, Lydie & little helpers, the three children of the house Charlotte, Louis, Elliott & Betty the beautiful cocker Spaniel… Beautifully designed & decorated by your resident artist (me!!), we offer 8 comfortable bedrooms & welcoming environment in a traditional historic Victorian Townhouse, formerly the St Oswalds Church Manse. Albyn Townhouse is your relaxing retreat a short distance from Edinburgh’s Old Town.
4 to 8pm MON to FRI & self check-in at week-ends, Earliest self check in noon, late self check in after 8pm, you must inform me in advance.
CHECK OUT , self check out only, latest by 10.30am (late check out charges apply after this time), no left luggage, Taxis can be arranged to the airport/station etc, in advance.
- 16 Hartington Gardens,
- BOOK NOW
- Guest Login
The Edinburgh Albyn Townhouse offers accommodation on two floors in 8 non-smoking & fully en-suite rooms. Our guest house has retained a lot of historical features, that you can enjoy in your rooms. Ironing facilities on request. Baby cot available on request for babies under 2, suitable for Superior rooms only.
No pets thank you.
3 x Standard King rooms, king size bed (1.5 wide x 2m tall), sitting area & en-suite shower room with toilet (2x2m), high speed WiFi, flat screen Freeview & radio Tv’s, tea making facilities & coffee pods machines, hairdryer & mini safe.
Superior Twin or Double
1 x King size bed & en-suite shower room, one super king or two single beds. Please specify bed preference on booking. High speed WiFi, flat screen Freeview & radio Tv’s, tea facilities & coffee pods machines, hairdryer & mini safe.
Superior Double King
4 x Superior King room, (1 very large) spacious rooms with sofa area & king size bed (1.5m wide x 2m tall) en-suite shower room (2x2m), High speed WiFi, flat screen Tv’s, tea facilities & coffee pods machines, hairdryer & mini safe.
Breakfast in bed or on the go! How decadent!
No more getting up on time, order a breakfast basket in advance (24 hours) and i will deliver it to your door!
£8.00 per person, 2 croissants, orange juice, cheeses, oat cakes & fruits per breakfast.
For Cooked breakfasts, we are the luckiest people in the world in Bruntsfield! We also have local Cafes, like Project Coffee, Artisan Roast and our own local French Boulangerie La Barrantine!
Café Grande, just two minutes walk from us, amazing food & super service. Breakfast Menu
Monptelier, just two minutes walk from us, lovely Brasserie, grand food! Menu
Seeds for the Soul is our local vegan and the kids absolutely love their food, big recommendation Menu
Secure online booking with instant confirmation via COMODO SECURE
High Quality Coffee Machines
High Quality Coffee Machines in every room. Pods replaced everyday.
Limited private parking @ £10.00 per night. Check In/Out 10.30am
Book an extra day to leave your car longer.
Free Internet Access (Wireless) in all rooms.
A range of Memory Foam and Spring Mattresses for a great nights sleep
Also Featured In
Not To Miss While In Edinburgh
Welcome to our insight of things to do in Edinburgh from its magnificent architecture from the grace and the calm of the Georgian New Town, to the beauty of its medieval Old Town, full of history, underground city full of secrets and Ghost
stories, do not miss The real Mary King’s Close, which will take you to the remains of the Edinburgh’s underground city, go to The Real Mary Kings Close for more info, or check the Mercat Tours who too offer a wild variety of history walks and underground tours with Mercat Tours, as well as the Auld Reekie which offers a variety of tours too and a free whisky at the end!! on Auld Reekie Tours. For the kids and the big kids, the Edinburgh Dungeons are great The Dungeons for online tickets; Come and enjoy a day and night of discoveries. Not only you can enjoy a great variety of food and drinks in Edinburgh, but the city also offers many visitors attractions,
from which we are around 15 minutes, Do not miss; the Edinburgh Castle and the Royal Mile, where the main attractions of the summer (August), Edinburgh Tattoo and The International Festival take place. the Scotch whisky centre, where the art of Scotch whisky unfolds at the Scotch Whisky Experience, close to it the Camera Obscura will give you a spectacular 360° rooftop panoramas, check them out Camera Obscura. Holyrood Palace, Dynamic Earth, The Royal Scottish Museum, The Royal Yacht Britannia or places like Princes Street, Rose Street, The Dean Village and the Grassmarket are some of the numerous other curiosities of our city, to know more about these, please contact Edinburgh Tourist Office.
The Hudson’s family 30 favourite things to do in Edinburgh.
- Stay with us at the Albyn.
- Have Haggis at breakfast & finish it…..I dare you!
- Do a walking tour of the Medieval city.
- Visit the Mary King’s close.
- Walk the Royal Mile and find the hidden courtyards and gardens through the old closes.
- Roll a hill in the Meadows Park.
- Walk along the water of Leith from Dean village to Stockbridge and go to the Stockbridge Market (sun 9am to 5pm).
- Go and meet Greyfriars Bobby and walk around the Kirkyard.
- Visit South Queensferry, my favourite village, walk around and have fresh fish & chips and cakes at the Rail Bridge Cafe at the foot of the Red Forth Rail Bridge; Take the bus x55 from Queensferry street, 30 min.
- Visit Edinburgh Castle and see the Crown Jewels.
- Take a city Tour Bus around Edinburgh.
- Have lunch in Victoria Street.
- Have an afternoon tea at the Howard in the New Town (Great King street.) or the Signet Library (Parliament Square).
- Visit Rosslyn Chapel, take bus 37 from Princes street.
- Get some cheese from Mellis in Victoria Street.
- Join a underground walking tour near the St Giles Cathedral.
- Walk up Carlton Hill, via Waterloo Place, and enjoy the view!
- Taste lots of Whiskies at the Bow Bar in Victoria street.
- Listen to folk music and experience the real Edinburgh people at the Sandy Bells on Forest road.
- Have a pulled pork sandwich at Oink in Victoria street….Yummmmmmm.
- Get some fresh Fudge from the Fudge House down in the Canongate.
- Take a Black cab (for the sake of it!).
- Walk around the New Town and soak up the beauty of the Architecture.
- Go to the National Museum of Scotland in Chamber street.
- Go to the Botanic Gardens, bus 23.
- Have a game of Golf on Bruntsfield link and get your Clubs and your pint at the Golf Tavern circa 1456!!
- Go and listen to live music in the Grassmarket, Thursdays to Saturdays.
- Walk along Portobello Beach (bus 15) and have an ice cream at the Beach House.
- Plan a 3 hour walk up to Arthur Seat, make it to The Sheeps Heid in Duddingston Village for lunch.
- Browse around the charity shops down in Morningside and if you want more (!!) in Stockbridge.
Download your copy of things to do HERE!!
Book A Tour
Book an Edinburgh tour, or city ghost tour from our Guest House and after taking one of the many historical or ghost tours on offer in Edinburgh, why not explore a little bit out of town to the wilds of the Highlands, we can recommend a few companies who we work with on a regular basis, check out what they can offer and book online direct. Do not miss Edinburgh’s ghost bus tour The Ghost Bus Tours or take a tour around the city Edinburgh Tours. For the tours in the Highlands; Grayline Tours they will pick you up at the guest house, Timberbrush Tours; heart of Scotland Tours; Rabbies. All these tours have been tried and tested by our customers and ourselves!!!
Voila, now you have a better idea!
Covid 19 Information
The Albyn is open!! Welcome back!! We have all had to adapt with our new reality and The Albyn also had to make a few changes to keep us all safe and to ensure that everyone is comfortable and feels safe.
As much as possible we are working in accordance with the guidelines dictated to the hospitality business by our government.
- As much as possible, we have removed extra cushions, bedspreads and soft furnishings from the rooms.
- Please just ask for any extra refills of coffees & teas and milk!
- I am your host and your cleaner, I will not enter your private space during your stay according to guidelines, so let me know if you need anything replaced or refilled and i will leave it in front of your door.
- I have removed the guest books from the rooms temporarily, there are little signs around the house for information to make your stay more comfortable (WIFI / things to do in Edinburgh/ Bus apps). You can find all the other information on the Albyn website.
- My cleaning regime is second to none and I respect all the guidelines to have the Albyn Covid Ready.
- The breakfast room, which couples as our guest lounge is closed I am so sorry.
- Unfortunately, i am no longer able to store luggage at the house, therefore i am not longer able to accept early check ins, please do get in touch for any question.
- Please do help us stay protected and wear a mask in the common areas of the house (reception & staircase) and also please keep to the recommended 2m social distance. Thank you.
- We are no longer able to serve breakfast at the Albyn, apart from honouring our pre covid bookings. We have teamed up with our local cafes, who serve breakfast from 9am, Cafe Grande and Monpetliers and they are looking forward to having you, please let us know if you wish to book a table at any of those lovely restaurants.
Please help me make your stay lovely & comfy and let me know if there is anything I can do to improve my service to you or facilitate your stay in our lovely city.
We look forward to having you stay at the Albyn!!
Terms & Conditions
Payments for your rooms are due minimum 7 days prior to arrival in full. All extras (car park, breakfasts…) can be settled at the house by cash only. Full payment is due 31 days prior to your stay for New Year and special events (ie Festival/ sports events) and is non refundable.
Bank Transfer (preferred)
To be made maximum 7 days prior to arrival using the details below;
Account Name; Lydie Julien
Bank account; 01936538
Sort Code; 80-20-00
The Albyn will not be responsible for any bank transfer fees, the amount transferred must be equal to the full booking fee thank you.
If you have reserved through a booking agent
Your reservation is an advance booking, as per T&C’s, the full fee of your reservation is paid on booking in the currency of the booker (payment is taken using Stripe), exchange rates are set by your bank, we are not liable for any dispute over currency rates. Your payment is non-refundable, changeable or transferable. Please contact your agent on-line should you have any questions. The issue of card details to confirm a booking constitutes a legal contract between the Albyn and the booker. These terms and conditions apply without exception. Please note that all extras incurred during your stay, must be paid by cash, no card payments on extras.
We ask that you check your confirmation on receipt and advise us of any errors immediately. We cannot be held responsible for any errors made during the booking process.
Check in Important notice!
Be aware of our B&B reception times;
- Monday to Friday 4pm to 8pm
- Saturday & Sunday Self Check-in Only
- everyday Self check outs only.
Out of these hours? please get in touch to request a self check-in code to let yourself in. If you have not been in touch, you will automatically receive this by SMS, do make sure that your mobile is up to date with the right country code.
Due to Covid restrictions we are no longer able to accept left luggage. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Check out is by 10.30 am
Parking Add £10.00 per night, car check in 10.30am, check out 10.30am. no booking, no parking! Payable by cash only on arrival. unused parking will still be charged as we hold it for you, there is very limited availability, we will explain alternatives if we are fully booked. Don’t want to book parking with us, please check the following link: Need Directions. Please let us know or visit directions above. Or you can book direct with our parking partner NCP
Minimum stays apply at Weekends, Rugby Internationals, Edinburgh festivals and special events. Please note that we are unable to accept group bookings of more than 2 rooms (Max: 4 Persons). We do not accept hen and/or stag parties.
Sorry pet lovers we don’t accept your furry friend!! Doesn’t mean we don’t love them..ask Betty!!
We offer the best price for 4 Star Gold accommodation, hospitality
and service in Edinburgh
DOUBLE KING ROOM
From £49.00 week-rate room only to £129.00 week-ends/rack-rate room only. Double King en-suite room.
SUPERIOR DOUBLE OR TWIN ROOM
From £55.00 week-rate room only to £149.00 week-ends/ rack-rate room only. Superior Double or Twin en-suite room.
SUPERIOR DOUBLE KING ROOM
From £55.00 week rate room only to £149.00 week ends/ rack-rate room only. Superior Double en-suite room.
LARGE SUPERIOR KING ROOM (large suite)
From £65.00 week (for 2) rate room only to £129.00 week-ends (for 2)/rack-rate room only.
Although children are welcome, you must reserve a bed for them, no children in a parent’s bed. We regret that we will turn away any customers bringing additional people and exceeding the maximum room occupancy.
Additional £8.00 per person for basket or take away breakfast (available all week, order by 5pm day before latest)
How To Book
To check availability and make a booking click the BOOK NOW button or contact us directly to discuss your requirements. If you are having any issues navigating our site or any issues with the booking process watch the video HERE!
To confirm your booking, a valid credit or debit card is required.
Manage Your Booking
You can view your booking status, check payments, add to iCal and print your booking details here Guest Login