We offer homely bedrooms, award winning breakfasts and a welcoming team in a Victorian house formerly the St Oswalds Church Manse. Albyn Townhouse offers a relaxing retreat a short distance from Edinburgh’s Old Town.
We look forward to welcoming you to our home.
Get in Touch
- 0044(0)131 229 6459
- 16 Hartington Gardens,
- BOOK NOW
- Guest Login
The Albyn is run by ourselves, Lydie, David, Charlotte, Louis, Elliott and Betty the crazy Cocker Spaniel…We arrived here in July 2007 and started to give life back to the house, with beautiful strong colours and carefully selected furniture & decoration. We love our house and take great care in making sure that you are as comfortable as we would like to be and this means a good night’s sleep. The Edinburgh Albyn Townhouse offers bed and breakfast accommodation in 10 non-smoking & fully en-suite rooms. Our guest house is comfortable, clean, centrally heated & the accommodation is over three floors, with free WiFi, flat screen Freeview & radio Tv’s, tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryer. Ironing facilities are available on request. We have one baby cot available on request, suitable for Superior rooms only (not for King rooms), a high chair will be provided also for breakfast.
Our accommodation is as follows; 1 Family en-suite room (2 adults & 2 children) located on the first floor, with one king size bed and two pull out low level small single beds, this family room can accommodate 2 people, in which case it becomes a suite with a large sitting area. This accommodation has it’s own bathroom with a shower, toilet and basin. 3 Superior Double king or twin en-suite rooms, two are located on the first floor and one on the ground floor, with a super king size bed or two single beds, this is a more spacious room with a sofa area. Each accommodation has it’s own bathroom with a shower, toilet and basin. 3 Double king en-suite rooms, two are located on the second floor and one is on the first floor, with one king size bed, this room is a standard size with a small sitting area. Each accommodation has it’s own bathroom with a shower, toilet and basin. 2 Superior Double king, both are located on the second floor, with one king size bed, this room is more spacious and has a sofa area. Each accommodation has it’s own bathroom with a shower, toilet and basin.
Please bear in mind that the Albyn Townhouse was built in the 19th century, therefore there is no elevator!! Our rooms
are over three floors so please let us know at the time of booking if you cannot do stairs!!
Standard King room, with a king size bed (1.5 wide x 2m tall), sitting area and en-suite shower room with toilet (2x2m), flat screen TV with digital television, free wifi and tea and coffee facilities, incl continental or full breakfast.
Superior Twin or Double
King size bed and en-suite shower room with toilet, the room can be set up as a twin and has flat screen TV with digital television, free wifi, sitting area and tea and coffee facilities. Please specify bed preference on booking.
Superior Double King
Superior King room, with a king size bed (1.5m wide x 2m tall) & en-suite shower room & toilet (2x2m), flat screen TV with digital television, free wifi, sofa area and tea and coffee facilities, incl continental or full breakfast.
Our beautiful Edinburgh guest house offers a full Scottish breakfast served from 7.45am – 9.00am, Mondays to Fridays and from 8.45am – 10.00am, Saturdays, Sundays. A continental Early Bird is also available for those who require to set off earlier than these times, please order before 5pm the day before.
- On the Buffet; fruit juices, milk, cereals, muesli, mixers, fresh fruits. Home made cakes and biscuits, home made jams & our family recipe home made Compote, Rye bread, oatcakes and cheeses are also available. Porridge is also served on request. Coffee & a wide selection of teas, toasts will be offered as well as one choice from our 12 Breakfasts, cooked for you on demand;
- Full Scottish (fried or scrambled or poached) egg, butcher sausage, locally produced bacon, mushrooms, butcher Haggis & Black Pudding and tomato.
- The Veggie (fried or scrambled or poached) egg, hash browns, locally produced veggie Haggis, mushrooms, and tomato.
- Chives Pancake (home made chive pancake) with scrambled eggs and melted Cheddar.
- Vanilla Pancakes (home made pancakes) served with cream and a choice of either Chocolate, maple syrup or toffee sauce.
- Omelette with cheese and/or mushrooms.
- Bacon & eggs, fried or scrambled or poached eggs and locally produced bacon.
- Granola; home made fruit compote topped with granola crunchy fruits cereals, covered with Greek yogurt and sliced fresh fruits.
- Eggs & beans on toast; fried or scrambled or poached eggs and baked beans
For the Vegans:
- Full vegan; veggie sausage, hash browns, locally produced veggie Haggis, mushrooms, and tomato.
- Vegan Granola; home made fruit compote with crunchy fruity cereals topped with soya milk and fresh fruits.
- Vegan vanilla pancakes; home made vegan pancakes with a choice of either Chocolate, maple syrup or toffee sauce.
- Beans on toast.
Voila! Bon appétit!
Award Winning Breakfast
We offer full scottish breakfast; Haggis anybody? We also cater for special diets
Limited private parking @ £5.00 per night. Check In/Out 10.30am
Free Internet Access (Wireless) in all rooms.
A range of Memory Foam and Spring Mattresses for a great nights sleep
Also Featured In
Not To Miss While In Edinburgh
Welcome to our insight of things to do in Edinburgh from its magnificent architecture from the grace and the calm of the Georgian New Town, to the beauty of its medieval Old Town, full of history, underground city full of secrets and Ghost
stories, do not miss The real Mary King’s Close, which will take you to the remains of the Edinburgh’s underground city, go to The Real Mary Kings Close for more info, or check the Mercat Tours who too offer a wild variety of history walks and underground tours with Mercat Tours, as well as the Auld Reekie which offers a variety of tours too and a free whisky at the end!! on Auld Reekie Tours. For the kids and the big kids, the Edinburgh Dungeons are great The Dungeons for online tickets; Come and enjoy a day and night of discoveries. Not only you can enjoy a great variety of food and drinks in Edinburgh, but the city also offers many visitors attractions,
from which we are around 15 minutes, Do not miss; the Edinburgh Castle and the Royal Mile, where the main attractions of the summer (August), Edinburgh Tattoo and The International Festival take place. the Scotch whisky centre, where the art of Scotch whisky unfolds at the Scotch Whisky Experience, close to it the Camera Obscura will give you a spectacular 360° rooftop panoramas, check them out Camera Obscura. Holyrood Palace, Dynamic Earth, The Royal Scottish Museum, The Royal Yacht Britannia or places like Princes Street, Rose Street, The Dean Village and the Grassmarket are some of the numerous other curiosities of our city, to know more about these, please contact Edinburgh Tourist Office.
The Hudson’s family 30 favourite things to do in Edinburgh.
- Stay with us at the Albyn.
- Have Haggis at breakfast & finish it…..I dare you!
- Do a walking tour of the Medieval city.
- Visit the Mary King’s close.
- Walk the Royal Mile and find the hidden courtyards and gardens through the old closes.
- Roll a hill in the Meadows Park.
- Walk along the water of Leith from Dean village to Stockbridge and go to the Stockbridge Market (sun 9am to 5pm).
- Go and meet Greyfriars Bobby and walk around the Kirkyard.
- Visit South Queensferry, my favourite village, walk around and have fresh fish & chips and cakes at the Rail Bridge Cafe at the foot of the Red Forth Rail Bridge; Take the bus x55 from Queensferry street, 30 min.
- Visit Edinburgh Castle and see the Crown Jewels.
- Take a city Tour Bus around Edinburgh.
- Have lunch in Victoria Street.
- Have an afternoon tea at the Howard in the New Town (Great King street.) or the Signet Library (Parliament Square).
- Visit Rosslyn Chapel, take bus 37 from Princes street.
- Get some cheese from Mellis in Victoria Street.
- Join a underground walking tour near the St Giles Cathedral.
- Walk up Carlton Hill, via Waterloo Place, and enjoy the view!
- Taste lots of Whiskies at the Bow Bar in Victoria street.
- Listen to folk music and experience the real Edinburgh people at the Sandy Bells on Forest road.
- Have a pulled pork sandwich at Oink in Victoria street….Yummmmmmm.
- Get some fresh Fudge from the Fudge House down in the Canongate.
- Take a Black cab (for the sake of it!).
- Walk around the New Town and soak up the beauty of the Architecture.
- Go to the National Museum of Scotland in Chamber street.
- Go to the Botanic Gardens, bus 23.
- Have a game of Golf on Bruntsfield link and get your Clubs and your pint at the Golf Tavern circa 1456!!
- Go and listen to live music in the Grassmarket, Thursdays to Saturdays.
- Walk along Portobello Beach (bus 15) and have an ice cream at the Beach House.
- Plan a 3 hour walk up to Arthur Seat, make it to The Sheeps Heid in Duddingston Village for lunch.
- Browse around the charity shops down in Morningside and if you want more (!!) in Stockbridge.
Download your copy of things to do HERE!!
Book A Tour
Book an Edinburgh tour, or city ghost tour from our Guest House and after taking one of the many historical or ghost tours on offer in Edinburgh, why not explore a little bit out of town to the wilds of the Highlands, we can recommend a few companies who we work with on a regular basis, check out what they can offer and book online direct. Do not miss Edinburgh’s ghost bus tour The Ghost Bus Tours or take a tour around the city Edinburgh Tours. For the tours in the Highlands; Grayline Tours they will pick you up at the guest house, Timberbrush Tours; heart of Scotland Tours; Rabbies. All these tours have been tried and tested by our customers and ourselves!!!
Voila, now you have a better idea!
Terms & Conditions
No charge will be made to your card (If you have reserved on our website) it acts solely as a guarantee, payment is due on arrival; preferred payment is cash, we also accept UK cheques, Visa, Mastercard or Amex payments via Stripe (card payments no less than £100.00, exchange rates are set by your bank, we are not liable for any dispute over currency rates) we may authorise your card prior to arrival for the full amount of your stay, The issue of card details to confirm a booking constitutes a legal contract between the Albyn and the booker. To avoid any card charges we now offer prepayment option by Bank transfer (request our bank details if you wish to pay this way, allow 7 days, for UK residents only).
If you have reserved through a booking agent. Your reservation is an advance booking, as per T&C’s, the full fee of your reservation is paid on booking in the currency of the booker (payment is taken using Stripe), exchange rates are set by your bank, we are not liable for any dispute over currency rates. Your payment is non-refundable, changeable or transferable. Please contact your agent on-line should you have any questions. The issue of card details to confirm a booking constitutes a legal contract between the Albyn and the booker. These terms and conditions apply without exception. Please note that all extras incurred during your stay, must be paid by cash, unfortunately we do not accept payment by cards under £50.00.
Cancellation policy: Changes and cancellations to your bookings to be advised 15 days prior to arrival or the full stay is due (31 days for New Year and special events). No-shows to be charged in full. Full non-refundable prepayment is due for groups of 3 rooms, Sporting event & Festivals. Damages (even discovered after departure) to beds, mattresses, furniture, en-suite facilities, linen and carpet will be charged to the customer at market value. Smoking (this includes E-cigarettes) in the house and grounds is prohibited; we charge a £250.00 penalty fee per offence, even if found when you have left. To prevent incurring any cancellation loss, we recommend that all our customers take out appropriate travel insurance. By reserving with us you agree to these terms & conditions.
We ask that you check your confirmation on receipt and advise us of any errors immediately. We cannot be held responsible for any errors made during the booking process.
Check in Important notice!
An arrival time is required & any change should be advised, we are only here when you tell us to be! Latest check in is 8pm or customers without arrival details, will be given a code to access and instructions to make their way into the house. Saturdays and Sundays check in with us until 1pm after this you will be given a code and all easy information will be given for you to access the house without us.
Check in/out Earliest check in 10.30am, when luggage can be left with us to store in our unlocked breakfast room, check in rooms is 1pm the earliest. Check out is by 10.30 am. Again there is a left luggage facility if required in our unlocked breakfast room. Taxis can be arranged to the airport/station etc..
Parking is £5.00 per night, Car check in from 10.30am check out 10.30am Please note spaces are very limited, no booking…no parking! No parking is guaranteed until confirmed with the Albyn!! In the event of no space being available at the moment of request, please ask for the different parking options available in our city.
Sorry pet lovers we don’t except your furry friend!! Doesn’t mean we don’t love them..ask Betty!!
We offer the best price for 4 Star accommodation, hospitality
and service in Edinburgh
SMALL DOUBLE ROOM
£ 55.00 to £ 92.00
Small en-suite double room, for single occupancy, including Breakfast.
DOUBLE KING ROOM
£54.00 to £134.00
Double King en-suite room, including breakfast.
SUPERIOR DOUBLE OR TWIN ROOM
£59.00 to £154.00
Superior Double or Twin en-suite room, including breakfast.
SUPERIOR DOUBLE KING ROOM
£59.00 to £154.00
Superior Double en-suite room, including breakfast.
£109.00 to £205.00
Family en-suite room, including breakfast. Sleeps 2, 3 or 4 people.
You can also check prices, availability and book securely online at www.albyntownhouse.com
How To Book
To check availability and make a booking click the BOOK NOW button or contact us directly to discuss your requirements. If you are having any issues navigating our site or any issues with the booking process watch the video HERE!
To confirm your booking, a valid credit or debit card is required.
Manage Your Booking
You can view your booking status, check payments, add to iCal and print your booking details here Guest Login